Wondering what a functional resume should look like? View our sample below and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
567 Rosewood Lane
Colorado Springs, CO 81207
Executive assistant position allowing for parlay of demonstrated organization, customer service, communication and project management skills proven by 13 years of successful, profitable self-employment.
Motivated, personable business professional with multiple college degrees and a successful 13-year track record of profitable small business ownership. Talent for quickly mastering technology -- recently completed Microsoft Office Suite certificate course. Diplomatic and tactful with professionals and nonprofessionals at all levels. Accustomed to handling sensitive, confidential records. Demonstrated history of producing accurate, timely reports meeting stringent HMO and insurance guidelines.
Flexible and versatile -- able to maintain a sense of humor under pressure. Poised and competent with demonstrated ability to easily transcend cultural differences. Thrive in deadline-driven environments. Excellent team-building skills.
- Project Management
- Report Preparation
- Written Correspondence
- General Office Skills
- Computer Savvy
- Customer Service
- Marketing & Sales
- Insurance Billing
- Front-Office Operations
- Professional Presentations
Customer Service/Marketing/Problem Solving
- Prepare complex reports for managed-care organizations and insurance companies, ensuring full compliance with agency requirements and tight deadlines.
- Author professional correspondence to customers and vendors.
- Design and deliver series of classes for local businesses and associations, providing ergonomic counseling and educating employees on proper lifting techniques to avoid injury.
- Conduct small-group sessions on meditation/relaxation techniques.
- Communicate medical concepts to patients using layman's terms to facilitate understanding.
- Rapidly learn and master varied computer programs; recently completed Microsoft Office Suite certificate course.
Detail Mastery & Organization
- Oversee front-office operations and provide impeccable customer service:
--Built a clientele supported by 60% referral business.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plan for business:
-- Launched a thriving private practice, building revenue from $0 to over $72K in first three years with minimal overhead.
-- Create special promotions, write/design print and outdoor advertising and coordinate all media buying.
- Won over a highly skeptical medical community as the first chiropractor to target MDs for informative in-service demonstrations, classes and booths:
-- Presentations resulted in standing-room-only crowds of 50+.
-- Four MDs subsequently became patients and referred family members as well.
-- Increased client base by one-third resulting from MD referrals.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day operations as multisite owner and practitioner of Attwater Chiropractic:
-- Facility rental/maintenance.
-- Patient scheduling for busy office averaging 52 appointments weekly.
-- Finances: accounts payable/receivable, invoicing, insurance billing, budgeting.
-- Supervision of a total of eight medical receptionist interns.
-- Compliance with all healthcare facility, HMO and insurance requirements.
ATTWATER CHIROPRACTIC -- Colorado Springs, CO; Pueblo, CO; Cheyenne, WY
Owner/Operator, 1997 to Present
LAKEVIEW RESTAURANT & CAFÉ -- Minneapolis, MN
Waitress, 1994 to 1997
NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE OF CHIROPRACTIC -- Minneapolis, MN
Doctor of Chiropractic Degree, 1997
BARTON COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE -- Great Bend, KS
- Four-year advanced degree requiring 30-34 credit hrs. per quarter.
- GPA: 3.89/4.0
- Licensed to practice chiropractic in Colorado, Minnesota, Wyoming and Montana.
Associate's Degree in Pre-chiropractic, 1993
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
- Medisoft (Insurance Billing Software)
Available for relocation
567 Rosewood Lane | Colorado Springs, CO 81207 | (960) 555-1212 | email@example.com