If you’re looking for a job as a mechanical engineer, an impressive cover letter will help you manufacture an introduction to prospective employers. View our sample cover letter for a mechanical engineer below.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
ROBYN A. MATTHEWSMay 6, 2010
15 Elm Lane
Sometown, IN 55555
Home: (555) 555-5555
Mr. Andrew Smith
Director of Operations
15 Lafayette Way
Sometown, IN 55555
Re: Mechanical Engineer Position (Ref. Code: 12345), advertised on Monster.com
Dear Mr. Smith:
Your job description for a mechanical engineer perfectly matches my qualifications, and I am very interested in the opportunity.
I have enjoyed a progressively responsible engineering career with ABC Manufacturing Co., and participated in the engineering of three major car model changes. I am experienced in all phases of new vehicle model development and implementation, from conception to production stages. Most recently, I have:
In addition, I have served as lead engineer in establishing standards that have reduced costs, enhanced efficiency, improved production methods and simplified equipment and part needs.
- Contributed to major model changes for the 2008 Carname, 2007 Carname and 2006 Carname;
- Developed process plans and layouts for seven additional car models;
- Reduced ergonomic impact on production team members by designing new assist lift systems;
- Helped create estimation and calculation tool for project budgets, greatly improving negotiating power with installation contractors; and
- Built rapport with overseas colleagues, often traveling to Japan for production consultations.
Mr. Smith, I have received repeated commendations from ABC Manufacturing Co. for my work quality, revenue contributions and commitment to achieving company goals, and I know I would be a valuable asset to your North American Division. Please feel free to call me at 555-555-5555 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting. I look forward to speaking with you!
Robyn A. Matthews