A well-researched resume is vital to your job search. Study this sample resume for an entry-level research scientist below to see how you can emphasize your educational credentials and relevant experience. View and download the resume template in Word format here.
Learn more about science careers.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for research scientist jobs.
55 Mayfair St. | Sometown, MA 02104 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
Regenerative Medicine Specialty
- Analytical research scientist with more than two years of experience contributing to tissue-engineered research studies for products that improve lives through regenerative medicine.
- Background includes participation in groundbreaking research in the areas of tissue engineering, cell biology and protein biochemistry.
- Experience running bioassays and laboratory bench studies, writing scientific reports and maintaining research lab operations and equipment.
DEF University, Sometown, MA
Bachelor of Science in Molecular and Cellular Biology (3.85 GPA), 5/2010
- Honors: Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Honor Society, DEF University Outstanding Senior
ABC Company, Sometown, MA
Research Scientist, Regenerative Medicine, 5/2010 to Present
Research Intern, 1/2010 to 5/2010
Recruited for full-time position following internship and completion of bachelor’s degree. Develop and execute analytical test methods and controls for the manufacture of cell-based biological products.
- Performed wet-lab and molecular biology scientific research, using methods including enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy, high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and polymerase chain reaction(PCR).
- Served on research team that succeeded in new cell line sourcing and characterization assay development for a bioengineered skin substitute accelerating burn victims’ healing process by 35%.
- Led laboratory bench studies and bioassays for product advancements helping damaged tissue heal through cytokine and growth-factor repositioning. Efforts contributed to leading-edge prototypes, including a biologic mesh for hernia repair that is expected to revolutionize the way abdominal wall reconstructive surgery is performed.
- Maintained impeccable standards in managing class 10000 cleanroom and chemical inventories, safely disposing of waste and accurately calibrating laboratory equipment.
American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB)