Sample Resume for a Midlevel Quality Engineer
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for quality engineer jobs.
55 Creek Drive, Sometown, MI 48205 | Cell: 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Six Sigma Green Belt offering three years of experience in quality engineering, lean manufacturing and product/process design. Deliver quality controls and enhancements to proactively address problems and improve product quality, manufacturing flow, customer satisfaction and bottom-line results.
| || |
ABC Company (formerly DEF Company) – Sometown, MI
Manufacturer of fabricated glass products and optical coatings
Quality Engineer, 2010 to Present
Assistant Quality Engineer (internship), 2009 to 2010
Retained following three-month internship and promoted to quality engineer to improve the efficiency of production operations, prepare engineering drawings in AutoCAD, ensure ISO compliance, manage the engineering change process and act as customer liaison for product quality issues.
Quality Initiatives and Results:
- Led ISO recertification effort, which was granted on first attempt.
- Conducted process mapping and time/capability studies to improve throughput by 26%, eliminate bottlenecks and ensure adherence to customer specifications.
- Lowered product returns by 12%, saving $150K per year. Cut number of complaints in half by accelerating response times to customer inquiries.
- Developed supplier-qualification program that propelled a $190K increase in sales in 2011.
- Liaised between design, manufacturing and executive teams as a contributor to development of frameless glass showers product. Ensured product manufacturability, robust design, compliance with regulatory requirements and transition from prototype to production ($525K in sales in 2011).
- Incorporated Six Sigma methodologies to solve a range of design and manufacturing problems.
ABC University – Sometown, MI
Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering, 5/2009
- Six Sigma Green Belt, 2011
- Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence, American Society for Quality, 2011
Recent Training Highlights: Risk Reduction Engineering, Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Design & Process FME, Statistical Process Control (SPC) Management, Project Management