As you launch your career in design engineering, make sure you design a resume that does justice to your qualifications. Get inspired by this resume sample for an entry-level design engineer. View and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for design engineer jobs.
MARIA W. HUMPHREY
128 Village Ave. #36 | Sometown, AZ 85280 | Phone: 555.555.5555 | email@example.com
Goal: Seeking Summer Design Engineer Internship Within the Manufacturing Sector
College junior majoring in manufacturing engineering technology who is highly motivated to secure a design engineer internship. Honors student with practical work experience within the manufacturing sector; technical skills in AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Creo Elements/Pro; and a foundation in automated manufacturing systems and simulation modeling techniques.
ABC UNIVERSITY (ABET-accredited institution) — Sometown, AZ
Pursuing Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering Technology, 2009 to Present
Cumulative GPA: 3.75 | Anticipated Graduation: 2013
Honors: Dean’s List (all semesters); Tau Alpha Pi (Engineering Technology Honor Society)
Completed Coursework Includes:
|– Introduction to Engineering Technology|
– Technical Drafting & CAD
– Computer-Aided Design & Integrated Manufacturing
– Engineering Mechanics (Statics & Dynamics)
– Engineering Problem-Solving Tools
– Fluid Power Systems
|– Manufacturing Processes / Six Sigma Quality|
– Strength of Materials / Material Analysis
– Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
– Computer-Aided Planning (CAP)
– Principles of Numerical Controls
– Tool & Die Fundamentals
XYZ MANUFACTURING — Sometown, AZ
Large furniture manufacturer
Production Operator (full time in summers, part time during fall and spring semesters), 8/10 to Present
Gained manufacturing experience working with sophisticated automated systems used in the mass production of high-quality furniture and assemblies. Operate, adjust and maintain assembly-line equipment according to established guidelines. Key Contributions:
- Design Engineering Projects: Selected to assist tool design engineers in the development of jigs and fixtures using AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Creo Elements/Pro. Helped deliver solutions that saved an estimated $48K annually by reducing costly hand work, minimizing waste and improving quality control.
- Manufacturing Problem Solving: Demonstrated technical troubleshooting strengths in pinpointing and resolving equipment malfunctions related to statistical process control (SPC) issues.
- Production Line Operations: Consistently commended for adhering to company SOPs to ensure optimal production efficiency, quality and safety.
- Top-Rated Performance: Earned outstanding marks on performance reviews, with special recognition for teamwork, attention to detail and going “above and beyond” to drive corporate goal attainment.
Intermediate to Advanced Proficiencies in: AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access
Basic Proficiencies in: SolidWorks and Creo Elements/Pro (Pro/ENGINEER)