Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Design Engineer
Learn more about engineering careers.
Learn more about creative design careers.
Search for design engineer jobs.
College junior majoring in manufacturing engineering technology who is highly motivated to secure a design engineer internship. Honors student with practical work experience within the manufacturing sector; technical skills in AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Creo Elements/Pro; and a foundation in automated manufacturing systems and simulation modeling techniques.
ABC UNIVERSITY (ABET-accredited institution) — Sometown, AZ
Pursuing Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering Technology, 2009 to Present
Cumulative GPA: 3.75 | Anticipated Graduation: 2013
Honors: Dean’s List (all semesters); Tau Alpha Pi (Engineering Technology Honor Society)
Completed Coursework Includes:
|– Introduction to Engineering Technology
– Technical Drafting & CAD
– Computer-Aided Design & Integrated Manufacturing
– Engineering Mechanics (Statics & Dynamics)
– Engineering Problem-Solving Tools
– Fluid Power Systems
|– Manufacturing Processes / Six Sigma Quality
– Strength of Materials / Material Analysis
– Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
– Computer-Aided Planning (CAP)
– Principles of Numerical Controls
– Tool & Die Fundamentals
XYZ MANUFACTURING — Sometown, AZ
Large furniture manufacturer
Production Operator (full time in summers, part time during fall and spring semesters), 8/10 to Present
Gained manufacturing experience working with sophisticated automated systems used in the mass production of high-quality furniture and assemblies. Operate, adjust and maintain assembly-line equipment according to established guidelines. Key Contributions:
- Design Engineering Projects: Selected to assist tool design engineers in the development of jigs and fixtures using AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Creo Elements/Pro. Helped deliver solutions that saved an estimated $48K annually by reducing costly hand work, minimizing waste and improving quality control.
- Manufacturing Problem Solving: Demonstrated technical troubleshooting strengths in pinpointing and resolving equipment malfunctions related to statistical process control (SPC) issues.
- Production Line Operations: Consistently commended for adhering to company SOPs to ensure optimal production efficiency, quality and safety.
- Top-Rated Performance: Earned outstanding marks on performance reviews, with special recognition for teamwork, attention to detail and going “above and beyond” to drive corporate goal attainment.
Intermediate to Advanced Proficiencies in: AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access
Basic Proficiencies in: SolidWorks and Creo Elements/Pro (Pro/ENGINEER)