Sample Resume for a Midlevel Clinical Data Specialist
Learn more about biotechnology careers.
Search for clinical data specialist jobs.
Home: 555.555.5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Four years of experience working with Contract Research Organizations (CROs), expertly gathering and analyzing data for highly confidential clinical trials.
- Proficient in defining and validating protocols for clinical studies and handling trial responsibility throughout the data-management lifecycle.
- Advanced skills in EDC systems, expert in database design and study hypothesis, well-versed in cGCP and FDA standards and regulations, and knowledgeable in therapeutic indications.
ABC Company, Sometown, NJ
Clinical Data Specialist, 5/10 to Present
- Support clinical trials for CRO by providing meticulous data management. Design and maintain databases, queries, reports, graphics and data-analysis tools; perform data entry, check reviews, database audits and coding; and define and validate study protocols.
- Interpret, synthesize and present technical information to CRO management and pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients.
- Work closely with Oracle Clinical developers on the design, testing and implementation of study databases.
- Oversee data-management lifecycle of large clinical trials, composing and verifying reports and results.
- Develop clear clinical data sets enabling the standardized collection and analysis of massive amounts of cross-boundary data content in a timely manner and with a high level of accuracy.
- Track progress of clinical studies, ensuring projects meet timelines and quality expectations.
DEF Company, Sometown, NJ
Clinical Data Specialist, 6/08 to 5/10
- Quickly mastered industry best practices in CRO clinical-study procedures and data management.
- Excelled in managing high-priority projects and resolving data discrepancies, errors and omissions with thoroughness and expedience.
- Facilitated the rollout of new EDC system that streamlined data entry and improved data-analysis functions. Contributed to design and development of new GUIs, validation components and reporting tools.
- Served as a primary trainer to peers on new EDC system.
GHI University, Sometown, NJ
BS in Life Sciences, Minor in Statistics, 5/08
- Dean’s List (all semesters); graduated with honors (GPA: 3.65)
EDC Systems (Oracle Clinical, Clindex EDC); MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook); SQL; SAS