Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Clinical Data Specialist
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for clinical data specialist jobs.
55 Knoll Drive | Sometown, OH 44301 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
- Upcoming honors graduate of XYZ College’s insurance billing and coding program seeking an entry-level clinical data specialist position.
- Educational foundation includes courses completed in electronic medical records, insurance billing, coding and medical records management.
- Strong familiarity with ICD-9-CM, HCPCS and CPT codes; medical terminology; HMOs, PPOs and Medicare; and healthcare operations gained through experience working in a surgical practice.
XYZ College (Online Program)
Candidate for Associate of Science in Insurance Billing and Coding, degree expected 12/2012
- Honors student (3.75 GPA)
- Program Highlights:
Medical Ethics, Diagnosis & Procedure Coding, Healthcare Systems, Anatomy & Physiology, Pathophysiology & Pharmacology, Insurance Claims Processing & Adjudication, HIPAA Regulations, Health Information Management, Healthcare Software Applications, Medical Terminology, Medical Reception, Keyboarding (70 WPM)
ABC Surgical Practice (Sometown, OH)
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, 1/2011 to Present
Provide administrative support within general surgical practice. Answer multiline phones, greet patients, schedule appointments and surgeries for three surgeons, handle insurance precertifications, and assist in upkeep and management of patient medical records and practice files.
- Helped maintain cancer-patient recall program, ensuring accuracy of daily data entry and tracking 275+ cancer patients and their follow-up schedules.
- Assisted in Master Patient Index (MPI) data-cleanup project, purging duplicate records and merging relevant data from other sources.
- Improved the organization of patient files and practice records, instituting new systems and processes that saved time, minimized errors and accelerated insurance payments.
- Resolved patient issues diplomatically and expediently to ensure customer satisfaction, always keeping patient confidentiality a priority.
- Used persistence and persuasive communication skills to successfully advocate for patients with insurance companies and HMOs.
Medical Practice Management Software: EpicCare EMR, eClinicalWorks, McKesson Practice Choice
MS Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint