Sample Resume for a Midlevel Chemist
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for chemist jobs.
Dedicated chemist combining excellent academic credentials with four years of experience within one of the nation's top environmental consulting firms and a cutting-edge environmental lab. Background includes extensive project work on scientific initiatives designed to clean up waste, mitigate environmental risk, minimize future pollution, improve environmental sustainability, and meet government and industry regulatory standards.
ABC Company – Sometown, TX
Environmental Chemist, 5/09 to Present
- Recruited to perform research, conduct experiments and provide technical project assistance encompassing diverse areas of chemistry for projects.
- Completed projects in the areas of environmental and hazardous waste sampling; recycling and remediation programs; water and soil quality control; and solid waste disposal.
- Performed review and validation of organic and inorganic analytical data for EPA compliance.
- Worked on several remediation programs, including having a key role in recommending corrective action on a benzene leak from an underground storage tank. The solution was formally recognized by the EPA as a “model for others to emulate in how remedial actions should be executed.”
- Provided assistance on recycling initiatives that saved clients hundreds of thousands of dollars annually while minimizing waste and environmental pollutants.
- Led analysis of farm pesticides and prepared report summarizing findings that was later used as the basis for large-scale soil quality-improvement effort throughout Texas.
- Earned a reputation for developing cost-effective solutions that adhered to recognized scientific methods, best practices and government standards.
DEF COMPANY – Sometown, TX
Chemist, 6/08 to 5/09
- Gained experience in the operation, calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment and analytical instrumentation within environmental laboratory, including ICP (inductively coupled plasma), HPLC (high-performance liquid chromatography), GC (gas chromatography) and GC-MS (gas chromatography-mass spectrometry) systems.
ABC UNIVERSITY – Sometown, TX
Master of Science in Chemistry, 5/08 (GPA: 3.85)
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, 5/06 (GPA: 3.5)
- Master’s Thesis: Sometown Community-Based Analysis of Arsenate (AsO4-3) Contaminated Groundwater and Risk to Public Safety
- Activities: Student Environmental Action Coalition and Habitat for Humanity