Want to rock your retail sales interview? Get ready by preparing answers to the following interview questions commonly asked of retail job applicants:
- Tell me about your previous work experience as a retail salesperson.
- What type of merchandise have you had the most success selling?
- What do you know about this company’s products and services?
- What makes you a great candidate for this particular job?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses when interacting with customers?
- What do you enjoy about working in retail sales?
- What have you done at your present/last company to increase revenues, reduce costs or save time?
- Tell me about a time when you felt you were at your best with helping a customer.
- Talk about a time when you were challenged in the sales process. Why was that, and how did you handle it?
- What type of retail sales systems have you used?
- How much did they require you to use your math skills?
- What was the management structure in your previous retail sales jobs?
- Did you work on commission?
- What have you done to become a better retail salesperson?
- What type of schedule are you looking to work?
- Would you be available to work additional shifts?
Learn more about sales careers.
Learn more about retail careers.