If you’re in the market for a medical assistant job, you need to be ready to discuss your skills and previous experience during the job interview. Prepare by practicing answers to these sample interview questions:
- Tell me about your previous work experience as a medical assistant.
- What were your primary responsibilities?
- What type of responsibilities did you have with patients and visitors?
- Did you assist with any medical office procedures?
- Did you counsel patients?
- Tell me about a challenging situation with a patient and how you handled it.
- What steps did you take to protect patients’ rights and confidentiality?
- How did you add value to the patient experience?
- Were you responsible for oversight of equipment and supplies?
- Tell me about your computer skills.
- What have you done at your current/last company to increase revenues, reduce costs or save time?
- What have you done recently to become a better medical assistant?
- What makes you a great fit for this position?
- What type of work schedule are you looking for?
- Would you be available to work extra hours if needed?
Learn more about healthcare careers.